Monday, April 27, 2009

Poor little Myers


Poor Myers...he is sick, and it is so hard watching him cough and sneeze and really not be able to do anything about it. It all started on Saturday when he woke up with a fever. We took him to the doctor since this was our first experience with any real illness (about two months ago he was coughing and sneezing, but no fever). The doctor said it was a cold and to give him Infant Tylenol when needed, prop up the mattress in his crib to help the drainage, and to get a humidifier. Then this morning he woke up with cruddy eyes. I caught pink eye from one of the kids in my class and although I tried my hardest to wash my hands a lot and not touch my eyes, Myers got it anyway. Off we went again to the doctor, and when they checked him out they realized that he also has an ear infection in both ears! Poor little guy. But despite it all, he is such a trooper, so sweet and good natured even though he doesn't feel good.

I knew he would get sick once I went back to work. He gets the double whammy because he gets the germs from his class and my class! I just keep thinking about how he will never get sick when he gets to elementary school because he will have great immunities built up.

No comments: