Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mama!

Myers has always been a talkative baby. I joke with George that we don't have to let Myers "cry it out." Instead he "talks it out" in his crib. He talks to his stuffed bear and to the animals on the quilt above his crib. He even "talks" with the cadence of a real conversation and pauses for answers.
Myers has been saying "mama," "dada," "baba," etc. since he was about 5 months old. BUT, on Sunday he said Mama for the first time that I was absolutely sure he meant me! When he woke up, I brought him into our bed to give him his bottle. When he finished the bottle he was crawling around between George and I babbling away. He looked up at me, got a big smile on his face and said, "Mama!" Then he crawled to me and grabbed at my face. I immediately woke George up and told him. Of course, now George is trying to teach Myers to say "Dada" every time he gets a chance!

No comments: