Friday, May 25, 2012

Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Many of you know that I have been running for about a year now.  I have run 3 5ks during this time.  I am up to running about 5 miles on my long runs.

Well, my new goal (and it has really been my goal all along), is to run a half marathon at Walt Disney World.  Yes, that's 13.1 miles, and for someone who has never been much of a runner or athlete of any type, it's a little daunting!  However, I know I can do anything I set my mind to, so I registered for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon on November 10th!  Mom, Dad and my friend Lacy are going to run it as well.

Where will George be during all of this, you ask?  Back at the hotel with the boys!  This is a night time race that starts at 10pm, so someone has to sleep with the boys.  George is more than willing to make this sacrifice!

I am also planning on joining the WDWRadio Running Team.  They raise money for the races they run and the money goes to Make A Wish.  So look for me to also ask for donations towards this cause closer to the race.  I hope you will consider helping me support this great cause.

No comments: