Thursday, November 20, 2008

PUPPPs

Last Thursday or Friday I noticed that my stomach was itching more than usual, but I thought my stomach was going through another growth spurt. On Sunday morning I noticed that there were little red bumps on my tummy. I thought that maybe the lotion was irritating my sensitive skin so I stopped using the Cocoa Butter lotion. At my 32 week appointment on Tuesday I showed the rash to my doctor and he said that I have PUPPPs (puritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy-say that five times fast). This is basically a skin condition that occurs only during pregnancy. This condition will not cause any harm to Myers or I in the long term, but is just annoying! It reminds me of the time that I got poison ivy, but this won't go away until Myers is born and the only thing I can do is soak in Aveeno Oatmeal Bath and put a little bit of hydrocortisone cream on it. So far, it has made very little difference in the itchiness. very frustrating, but I know it will be worth it when Myers arrives!

We had our 2nd baby shower on Sunday, and it was beautiful. I will post pictures as soon as I can!

No comments: